Ultimate Ears UE-10 Pro
As you might imagine, the audio quality, soundscape, and compact size is something else, just pure bliss to use.
- Type: Canal in-ear monitors
- Drivers: Triple driver with surface mount crossover network
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 16kHz (±3dB)
- High Frequency Driver: Balanced armature
- Low Frequency Drivers: Dual loaded armature
- Input Sensitivity: 119 dB/mW
- Impedance: 13.3 Ohms
- Cable Length: 117 cm transparent mesh cable
- Input Connector: 1/4-inch stereo plug, 1/8-inch stereo adapter included
- Noise Isolation: 26dB
- Cleaning tool: Wax removal tool
- Travel Case: Engraved metal carrying case with your name on
- Standard finishes: 13 color options, including clear, plus 2 color swirls
- Accessories: 117cm and 163cm replacement cables, lubricant
- Warranty: 1 year, 30 day warranty against poor fit
I first tried the UE-5 (two drivers) but they didn't fit right. After getting a new imprint and a second set of UE-5 the sound was still not right and as clear as I imagined.
The nice people at Ultimate Ears (thanks!) let me keep the two previous UE-5 and upgrade to the UE-10 Pro (for a small fee). The audio difference was noticeable better. It's been my favorite earphone since I got them in April 2005 (as of writing Sept 2011).
The UE-10 Pro has since been upgraded to UE-11 Pro and then JH11 Pro.
Since the entire casing is custom poured, the color can be mixed and blended to your own preferences. I chose translucent body with a black colored end-cap, a nice neutral match and you can still see the insides.