Cylindrical Nonagon Dice
For a statistic lecture I made a cylindrical nonagon dice, it has 9 sides excluding the two sides on each end of the cylinder.
I used a short wood piece as a base for the dice. Aligning a print-out of the nonagon shape helped outline the shape.
Chipping small pieces away at a time eventually formed something that looked like a dice.
Using a rotary band sanding machine helped define the edges and smoothen the sides.
The dice should be white with black digits. I found a suitable hobby paint bottle. Using a aquarell-paintbrush helped distribute the paint over the surface. I applied 3 coats, sanding down the surface on the first two coats.
My father and a ring binder with all kinds of fonts in LetraSet form. It's essentially pre-printed fonts on a plastic sheet and can be applied to any flat surface using a round-pointy-tool, like a pencel.
Applying and aligning the digits took some practice and time, but I think it turned out pretty well.
To finish and protect the digits from being damaged, I applied a coat of varnish. The surface turned out gloosy and smooth.