Xbox 360 Revisions
From ivc wiki
List of Xbox 360 revisions.
The original Xbox 360 configuration used in the initial Premium and Core machines released in the end of November 2005. These are also know as the RRoD (Red Ring of Death) machines because the GPU chip warps away from the motherboard because of excessive heat.
- IBM 90 nm CPU
- ATI 90 nm GPU and 90nm on-chip eDRAM
- Low profile GPU cooler
- Standard CPU cooler
- 203 Watt output power supply
Zephyr was the first revision with HDMI connector and fixed the RRoD problem cause by the inadequate GPU cooling on Xenon boards.
It was introduced with the Xbox 360 Elite in May 2007. In July 2007 Xbox 360 Premium machines began appearing with the Zephyr motherboard.
- New Elite model includes 120 GB hard drive
- 80 nm GPU and 90 nm eDRAM
- Updated motherboard layout
- HDMI output
- Glue around the CPU
- Extended GPU cooler
- Still 90 nm CPU
All Xbox 360 Premium machines and Arcade machines manufactured August 2007 introduced the new 65 nm CPU accompanied with a new cooler and still 90 nm GPU with the Zephyr cooler. The motherboard is based on Zephyr and requires fewer components (some capacitors and coils removed) for the new 65 nm CPU, resulting in lower costs.
Starting September 2007 the newest Xbox 360 Premium machines shipped with the Falcon board. Xbox 360 Elite machines were eventually updated to Falcon boards too. Xbox 360 packages with LOT number 0734 or higher will most likely be Falcon machines.
- IBM 65 nm CPU
- ATI 80 nm GPU with 80nm on-chip eDRAM
- Bigger and enhanced CPU cooler
- Fewer voltage regulators, capacitors and inductors
- 175 Watt power supply, 12V rated for 14.2A, new connector
This is an intermediate motherboard with 65 nm CPU and 90 nm GPU, new coolers, but no HDMI. It will be used in Xenon chassis for repairs and RRoD affected machines.
Started to appear end of July 2008 in machines coming back from repair.
- Falcon based board
- No HDMI output
- IBM 65 nm CPU
- ATI 90 nm GPU with 80nm on-chip eDRAM
- Falcon CPU cooler
- Zephyr GPU cooler
Jasper was released in late 2008 and cropped up in Arcade machines at the end of November. It introduced the 65 nm GPU to reduce power usage and cost further. The new powersupply is rated for 150 Watt, down form 175 Watt on the Falcon. The Amperage on the 12V rail is down to 12.1A (12.1A x 12V = 145.2W).
The on-board flash has also increased to allow the new NXE (New Xbox Experience) dashboard update to reside internally, instead of requiring a memory unit or the hard drive.
- IBM 65 nm CPU
- ATI 65 nm GPU with 80 nm on-chip eDRAM
- New southbridge chipset
- 150 Watt power supply, 12V rated for 12.1A, new connector
- Larger 256 MB Hynix HY27UF082G2B on-board flash, up from 16 MB HY27US08281A flash, to accommodate the NXE update (only found on Arcade boards)
Small revision of the Jasper board. News article.
- 65nm GPU Kronos revision
- New RF-module
- Smaller board layout changes (capacitors)
- No copper pipe on heatsink
The new Xbox 360 Slim was announced May/mid-2010.
- Xbox 360 Slim
- Smaller casing and new motherboard
- New DVD drive Philips-LiteOn DG-16D4S
- 45 nm GPU/CPU combined chip
- 133 Watt powersupply / 12V rated 11.1A
A new revision that takes away the HANA chip and thus the Reset Glitch Hack. Released August 2011.
- No more HANA Chip
- New DVD drive Philips-LiteOn DG-16D5S
- Integrated into southbridge
- 115 Watt powersupply / 12V rated 9.86A, down from 10.83A
- Inside the Xbox 360 Elite
- Inside Launch Microsoft Xbox 360
- New Falcon Motherboard
- Second Xbox 360 codename Zephyr
- How to see 65 nm
- Falcon Xbox Pictures
- Xbox 360 goes 65 nm
- First pictures of Opus motherboard
- New Xbox 360 Opus motherboard
- Wikipedia Xbox 360
- MODFREAKz Xbox 360 Xenon, Zephyr, and Falcon motherboard pictures
- Wikipedia 65 nanometer lithography
- Xbox 360 Drives Database - How to
- Jasper Hunting 101: Waiting for the 65nm Xbox 360
- Inside the 60GB Xbox 360 - Bottom RAM Chips Gone
- Jasper Motherboard in the Wild: 256MB Internal 'MU', 150W PSU, ...
- Jasper Is Here: A Look at the New Xbox 360
- tmbinc SMC hack